Thursday, August 2, 2007

Colonic anyone? Anyone? ...no really

I've come to a decision.

I'm going to get a colonic. I know what you're thinking. "Why on earth would you want to do that?"

No doubt you've heard about all the cool celebs getting them? I'm sure Paris, Lindsay, Nicole and the like get them on a daily basis to maintain their "healthy glow", but then again that could also be from something else.
(Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket)

For some years now I have been secretly curious about the mysterious world of colonics. The thing is, the stories I hear are so mixed that I still don't know what to make of them. I have heard horror stories wherein one feels violated, molested and repulsed. But I have also heard magical-fairytale-like encounters wherein beautiful unicorns are set free from the vestibules of one's inner dark being . Some have called the experience traumatizing, while others have bought packages for future sessions.

I'm sure you see my dilemma. I can't live my life not knowing. I'm what you call an experiential learner and I need to know. Don't worry, I'll be doing my research.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



There you have it. I've put it down in the blog-universe, therefor this is a binding (HA!) contract. I will promise to document the experience, but first I have to find a center near me. But how can I do such a thing? Wait! I know.... SpaFinder can help. :)

Spa Finder, Inc
The picture is quite appropriate, don't you think?



You should check this site out though, for real. I've gotten gift certificates through them. They make a great gift you can choose from TONS of spas that take the certificate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've always wanted a colonic. How about I fly out to SD and we can go together!? Ok, maybe not, but that was a fun idea. Margaret Cho talks about colonics on one of her comedy albums and ever since then I've wanted to get one. She's my hero.

Marie said...

Ooooooo, clean poop shoot!

Anonymous said...

gross.

Olin said...

1. The Margaret Cho thing is great - Len, I hope your "colon hydrotherapist" doesn't accidentally put the tube in your vagina. ;-*

2. Why not just go to Rite Aid, get the equipment and do it at home? I hear that room temperature coffee works really well instead of just plain 'ol water for "maximum scrubbing effect".

3. Seriously, that picture of the "work space" looks like they're going to abort something.

Leonard said...

Olin.

1. Like, OMG I know. I would hate for them to put it in the wrong area.

2. Because what Rite Aid offers is not enough! Just plain ole store bought stuff only gets the stuff from the near rear end...Colonic gets your entire insides! Even to your aorta artery, I hear!

3. I'm thinking that the picture for the workplace may have been from a European spa...They may do things differently there. hm..

Anonymous said...

Forget Leonard's vagina, it's MY vagina I'm worried about here, people.

Google