Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In Film News...

YEEESSSS!!!!

but first...

Tim Burton's remake of Planet of the Apes (2001) is a tragedy. Big Fish (2003) was good, but as time passes I am less and less impressed (except with Helena Bonham Carter, I love her as the witch). Similarly, as time has passed I have begun to loathe Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005). What a waste of two great talents. And Corpse Bride (2005), I forced myself to love it, but it's just not that good. The fact of the matter is, Sleepy Hollow (1999) was the last true Tim Burton film. Where is the director that stole my child soul with Beetlejuice in 1988?

I think, quite possible, that he's back:


Never Forget. Never Forgive. Ooooooo, I just peed a little. One can never truly tell, but Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street looks Tim Burton as hell! I could give two shits about the Broadway musical (I honestly don't know a thing about it), I just wanna see Burtonesque sets and Johnny Depp's ass acting adult and murderous! And I don't think I'm alone on this, as it seems Sweeney Todd was one of the most anticipated films at this year's ComicCon...apart from The Dark Knight of course, but who can beat that train?


Synopsis: (stolen from IMDB cuz I'm lazy)
Based on the 19th century legend of Sweeney Todd and the hit Broadway musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Sweeney Todd a.k.a Benjamin Barker returns to London after being sent away by Judge Turpin with the help of a sailor, Anthony Hope. He opens a barber shop above Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Shop were she sells "the worst pies in London." With the help of Mrs. Lovett, Todd tries to rid of all the people who have ever done him wrong and hopes to be reunited with his daughter, Joanna, who is now Judge Turpin's ward.

All you really need to hear is that you'll be watching Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter interact on screen for most of the film.

There is apparently a limited release date for December 21. If God knows what's right, it'll be in my area, and if it is, y'all know what I'm doin' for my birthday. Otherwise, we inexplicably have to wait until January 11, 2008. I hope this signifies a new age of Burton, and I hope Jack Sparrow is dead. Sorry, but I'm sick of how much those movies suck overall. Depp should not be sleep walking his genius around.

2 comments:

Derek Loozander said...

OMfucketyfuckinG!

That LoOks AWESOME!!!!!
SO musicalesque - not that I give much of a shit about the musical either but JESUS - thank GOD! CANT WAIT.

Anonymous said...

That does look amazing! And all I can say is ALL HAIL HELENA BONHAM CARTER!

Google